Friday 1 March 2013

February

February may be the shortest month but it felt like the longest to me. I started the month recovering from my Rituximab infusions, which left me a brain-dead zombie. Then with the sudden sale of our house came endless packing, trips to the dump and charity shops, a table-top sale and lots of smashing things, followed by unpacking, stripping wallpaper, buying appliances, painting and more smashing things. At the same time, at uni there was the fantastic Narratives of Migration and Exile conference organised by the Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies department, which involved writing a 20 minute paper, plus going to class, starting another paper for 7 March, writing for the Arts and Humanities Life Blog, and taking part in a research project for the King's Learning Institute. In the midst of that, I somehow found time to see the Les Misérables film twice, Matilda the Musical, Port at the National Theatre and Kiss Me Kate at the Old Vic. Still it upsets me that a whole month has passed with not a single post here. I'll be rectifying that now!

No comments:

Post a Comment