Sunday 25 October 2015

A Playlist for the Pelican

As my favourite model and sister Zoe has just launched a fantastic fashion blog, The Pelican in Briefs, I've been thinking about songs focused around items of clothing. I could have gone with Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, but thankfully some of my all-time favourite songs are sartorially themed. Please comment with your fashion favourites. 

Bob Dylan - Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
'You know it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine, your brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat'.


Leonard Cohen - Famous Blue Raincoat
'Ah, the last time we saw you you looked so much older, your famous blue raincoat was torn at the shoulder'.



Velvet Underground & Nico - All Tomorrow's Parties
'A blackened shroud, a hand-me-down gown of rags and silks, a costume fit for one who sits and cries, for all tomorrow's parties' 



The National - Fashion Coat
'In a fashion coat I float down my city. Don't you think I look pretty any more?'



I have a very depressing taste in music, so perhaps it's best to end on a happy note. I caught these guys supporting Augustines twice in a week last December. This song is so ridiculously catchy that by the second gig I was singing along.

Arkells - Leather Jacket
'I pulled on up and with a southern accent I offered you my dad's leather jacket'.




No comments:

Post a Comment