Friday 3 February 2012

Cardiff Illustration Presents Eccentric Worlds & Nonsensical Scribbles

There's nothing I like more than free art, so today I went to see Eccentric Worlds & Nonsensical Scribbles, an exhibition of work by BA Illustration students from Cardiff School of Art & Design, in the Capitol Shopping Centre (right at the end, opposite Sainsburys).



I was really impressed by the wide range of illustrations, from cutesy children's illustration to some quite disturbing pieces; video animation, installation pieces and even T-shirts. I tried to take photos of some of my favourites but being surreptitious meant they're a bit blurry.

I particularly liked the one on the left because of the meeting of text and image, and the one on the right as part of a whole series examining/subverting official portraits of rulers. Go and see them in real life while you still can (til 5th Feb). If you can't make it, here's the official website: http://eccentricworlds.blogspot.com/ with more photos and links to the students' websites.


No comments:

Post a Comment