Wednesday 31 October 2012

On My Way To RADAR 2012

Regular readers will know that I'm a huge fan of new writing. While I love a classic musical or a bit of Ibsen as much as the next person, nothing beats the excitement of seeing a work in gestation or witnessing for the first time pieces that challenge our preconceptions of what theatre is meant to be. So, when I saw IdeasTap where running a competition for a reporter for RADAR 2012 at The Bush Theatre, I jumped at the chance, and am very happy to say I won.


RADAR 2012: Signals from the new writing world, runs at The Bush Theatre in Shepherd's Bush from November 7-22, combining performances of new writing, sneak peeks of works in progress and provocative debates lead by theatre makers from across the industry. For the first week, I will be attending performances and talks, culminating in a 500 word round-up for IdeasMag. I can't wait! 

I'm very grateful to IdeasTap for this opportunity. IdeasTap is an arts charity set up to help 16 to 30 year olds across the UK get a start in the creative industries. They frequently offer funding and creative briefs, often working with top names like Sky Arts, The Barbican or the BBC, as well as maintaining a list of arts jobs currently recruiting. Whether you want to be a performer, an artist, a curator, a journalist, a technician, or a PR guru, if it's arts related, they'll help you find it. On top of that they run a magazine full of arts news, comment and advice for jobseekers, and provide space for the community of over 75,000 members to meet and collaborate. Find out more in this video:


Stay tuned for my RADAR reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment